Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Responsible for developing and optimizing material handling for large scale process systems
- Implement and operate large fermentation vessels
- Ability and willingness to participate in creating and following SOP’s
- Full understanding of process flow diagrams to convey concise communications to internal and external individuals
- Maintaining and operating boilers, chillers, heat exchangers, pressurized gas lines and other process systems
- Understanding of sensors, instrumentation, structures and piping to be able to install and/or makes modifications
- Ability to assist in troubleshooting components
- Document, evaluate and interpret real-time data and process results
- Present progress reports and achievements at internal meetings
- Coordinate with an interdisciplinary team to achieve goals
- Assist team members with different innovation projects as needed
- BS or MS in Process Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Industrial experience in process system development and operation
- Experience with fermentation vessels
- Clear and concise communication skills
- Experience with thermal and pressure systems
- Desire and ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team to accomplish technical and business goals
- Good record-keeping and time management skills
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally
- Interest in the fields of electrical engineering, biology and chemistry
- Creativeness in designing or modifying a process to meet goals
- Flexibility to adapt to changing work environments and business goals
- Additional duties and tasks could be assigned as needed
- Some tasks will require the ability to walk extensively throughout facilities during a workday.
- Requires occasional use of hand held power tools, reaching over-head, climbing ladders, and some repetitive movement
- Work environment will include biological fermentations as well as handling of chemical substances
- Requires ability to read and understand information contained in a variety of documents or displayed on a computer screen.
- Requires ability to use a variety of office equipment and to operate a computer keyboard to access data bases, to send/receive messages and to prepare documents.
- Requires occasional moving of light to medium weight objects and equipment
- Wear closed toed shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats and other Personal Protective Equipment as work environment dictates.
How to apply:
Please send your current resume via email to email@example.com. Please put “Process Engineer 2016” in the subject line of the email.