MrFeed® ingredient series is a high-quality hydrolysate made from renewable source of cellulosic sugars using CelTherm® technology. The product delivered is rich in essential amino acids. MrFeed® Pro50 and Pro60 series contain crude protein that is superior to commonly used feed ingredients. Highly digestible and rich in protein, vitamins and minerals, the product has been developed specifically for use in aquaculture diets and provides excellent support for animal growth and health.
The company’s unique biomass conversion process provides a number of key product characteristics that make it attractive to aquaculture. In recent years, aquaculture has struggled with increasing mortality rates that have had a significant negative impact on yields for operators. On a commercial scale MrFeed® demonstrated better yields than commercial diets. MrFeed® is easily digested by the animal due to its amino acid, prebiotics, vitamins and minerals profile.
Menon’s production process uses raw feedstock which allows it to avoid the use of high cost enzyme-processed food sources. It also allows for using heterogeneously mixed feedstock providing flexibility to substitute differing feedstock as market conditions change.
To date, the MrFeed® related ingredient product series have shown maximum benefits if included in diets from early stages all across the feeding cycle. The application for the ingredients are in Shrimp, Salmon, Trout, other finfish, Chicken and Pigs. Menon is pursuing applications in near future for ornamental fish, pet food and other markets.
The resulting MrFeed® product has compelling product attributes
Rapid and sustained growth
Improved immune system
Lower risk for contamination
Potential to be certified organic
MrFeed® Pro50 is moving into commercial distribution while also undergoing additional confirmatory testing in new geographies
- MrFeed® has undergone extensive laboratory analysis and field trials for shrimp, trout and salmon. In all cases, growth of the animal being fed a MrFeed® diet has exceeded growth of animals being fed traditional fish meal based diets
- Higher growth rates result in shorter farming cycles (or larger animals) reducing environmental pressure and increasing economic returns
- Tests on other fish species and livestock are underway
Improves Animal Health and Survival
- The proprietary formulation of MrFeed® includes a host of vitamins and prebiotics
- Extensive laboratory analysis and field trials for shrimp have demonstrated significantly higher survival for shrimp being fed a MrFeed®-based diet
- Shrimp survival averaged between 80 – 90% while shrimp fed traditional fish-meal based diets averaged less than 50%
- MrFeed® was also shown to remediate disease in shrimp ponds already infected with various diseases
- Health attributes of MrFeed® eliminates the need for antibiotics to maintain animal health
- Faster growth, disease remediation and higher survival significantly enhance the Feed Conversion Ratio for aquaculture and livestock animals that utilize a MrFeed® based diet
- With feed being one of the major cost components in aquaculture / livestock farming, a lower FCR enhances economic returns
- Importantly, a lower FCR also reduces the environmental footprint of aquaculture / livestock farming operations