Menon Renewable Products, Inc.
Menon Renewable Products, Inc. (Menon) was founded by Dr. Suresh Menon and is based in San Diego, CA. Menon has developed a patented process that converts hydrocarbon based sugars from agriculture based raw materials into a functional animal feed ingredient under the brand name MrFeed®. The ingredient not only overcomes anti-nutritional factors but also replaces various grains, animal, fishmeal and other components inside finished feed products. MrFeed® fulfills increasing worldwide demand for sustainable and renewable feed. It has been proven in aquaculture, poultry and other animal feed applications and has demonstrated superior performance versus traditional feeds in survivability, growth and disease remediation.
MrFeed® represents a disruptive technology that will significantly enhance animal growth and gut health. Through inclusion of a spectrum of unique prebiotics, nucleotides and peptides, MrFeed® enhances digestibility and animal health and reduces the need for antibiotics and other disease remediation treatments. By utilizing agricultural products and related by-products, MrFeed® reduces environmental pressure on other major animal feed ingredients, such as fish meal. Production of MrFeed® reduces the negative carbon footprint generated when these products are otherwise sent to landfill.
- Underlying MrFeed® technology developed in 2007 by Dr. Suresh Menon
- Head office in San Diego, California, USA
- Product lines focused on aquaculture and animal feed solutions under the MrFeed® brand
- Moving forward with MrFeed® formulations for the shrimp industry as the initial commercial focus
- Laboratory scale results in the U.S.A., Thailand, India and Vietnam validated the superior performance of MrFeed® against animal feeds formulated with Fish Meal, Poultry Meal, SPC and Soymeal
- Shrimp field trials utilizing MrFeed® in India, China, Malaysia and Vietnam have demonstrated significant benefits in survivability, growth and disease remediation
- Additional shrimp trials are ongoing in Indonesia, Panama, Honduras, Nicaragua, Belize, Salvador, Guatemala, Peru, Ecuador, Thailand and Mexico. Initial results confirm the superiority of MrFeed® based feeds over traditional and expensive customized feed formulations
- Testing is also underway in Salmon, other finfish and Poultry. Early indications are that MrFeed® provides superior improvements in yields for these species
Menon has established a global footprint with current customers focused on shrimp aquaculture. Market development is ongoing in salmon, finfish, poultry and other livestock while research and development efforts also incorporate human applications